Carlton le Willows Academy uniform is one of the main outward signs by which the local community recognises and makes judgements about our students. It is important that the way students present themselves is positive and professional and creates the impression of a disciplined and well-ordered establishment. The uniform policy strengthens the ethos of the Academy, promotes cohesion in the pupil community and simplifies the day-to-day management of students by determining the boundaries of acceptable dress.
It is expected that all students will come to the Academy every day in neat, clean uniform, giving a message that they take pride in their appearance and in belonging to the Academy. Members of staff are required to apply the uniform policy rigorously and consistently, in a class setting, around the campus and, if appropriate, when on a trip or visit.
The support of parents in ensuring a high standard of uniform is expected and we would encourage all parents to read the following information or download our uniform policy.
If coats are worn, they should be removed on entering the school building. They should not be worn in classrooms.
Branded school uniform can be purchased from Schoolwear Solutions, 116-118 Bramcote Avenue, Chilwell www.schoolwearsolutions.com or Just-School Wear Ltd, High Street, Arnold www.just-schoolwear.co.uk. All uniform items should be marked clearly with the owner’s name.
School ties can be bought from the Academy using the ParentMail system. Order and pay online and collect from South reception.
Secondhand school uniform is available in school subject to availability. Please email email@example.com for more information.
|Compulsory for all students.
|School tie (House colours)
|All students must wear a tie fastened to top button.
Black trousers or
Black pleated skirt
|Skirts to be worn no shorter than knee length. Trousers must be secured around the waist, with a plain black belt if necessary and under garments must not show. Tight fitting stretch materials and trousers with zip side pockets are not allowed.
|To be worn buttoned up to the neck and be long enough to tuck into trousers or a skirt.
|Branded school jumper can be worn in addition to the blazer, but not as an alternative to it.
|Black school shoes
|To be flat and polished. (No embellishments, logos or bows). No boots, pumps, canvas or trainer style footwear.
|Coats should be plain and not display any large emblem or writing.
|Black tights or black school socks
|Black tights (40 denier) or knee high black socks to be worn with skirt. Black socks to be worn with trousers.
Expectations in PE lessons
* It is crucial for personal hygiene that students have a change of socks for PE. We suggest students wear LONG BLUE SOCKS for their weekly PE lesson and white sports socks for their additional fortnightly lesson.
* BASELAYER BOTTOMS/SPORTS LEGGINGS and BASELAYER TOP provided by uniform stockists are plain navy. Students can wear alternative baselayers/sports lycra leggings, however they need to be PLAIN navy. These can be bought from high street sports shops or on the internet. (No large logos). Students are not permitted to wear ‘everyday’ leggings under any circumstance.
* Shorts/skort can be worn over baselayer/sports leggings.
On the grounds of Health and Safety we ask:
- All students to tie their hair up for practical PE lessons
- A note from parents is required if a student is unable to participate in a PE lesson. Students must still bring PE clothing so they can still access the curriculum (e.g. an officiating or coach role). Students who cannot join in practically will remain with the class, so a change of clothes is essential if the weather is poor and learning is taking place outside
- Failure to bring in PE kit, or having unsuitable footwear, will result in a C4 in line with the school behaviour policy
- A letter from a GP or consultant must be provided if a student is to be excused for a sustained period of time
- Students cannot wear jewellery for PE, that includes earrings taped up as per whole school policy
- Students cannot wear acrylic nails as per whole school policy.
PLEASE LABEL ALL KIT
PE Kit must be brought to school on days when games and PE lessons take place
Carlton le Willows polo top
Carlton le Willows tracksuit bottoms
Outdoor top - plain navy baselayer (to be worn under polo shirt) or Carlton le Willows outdoor top
Carlton le Willows rainjacket
Carlton le Willows PE shorts OR Carlton le Willows PE skort OR
plain navy baselayer bottoms OR plain navy lycra sports leggings ( No logos)
Combination of shorts/skort with baselayer bottoms/sports leggings can be used
Plain navy football socks
‘Fit for purpose’ trainers (Not ‘fashion’ trainers eg Adidas Superstars or Converse.) Can be any colour/pattern, branded or non-branded
Astroturf trainers can be used in all PE venues (indoor and outdoor)
During PE lessons pupils will perform a number of different activities in different venues, some indoor and some outdoors. We understand that buying specific footwear for each venue is costly. We therefore allow Astroturf type trainers in ALL locations both in and out with the exception of the 3G artificial football pitch, these can be any colour/pattern, branded or non-branded.
To access the 3G regardless of the activity, pupils will need to use plastic studded footwear recommended by the manufacturer as highlighted in the attached link
Examples of acceptable footwear
We expect all parents/carers to support the uniform policy by ensuring their child arrives at school in full uniform. If your child has to attend school without full uniform, we ask you to provide a valid reason on the day and also let us know when the matter will be resolved. You can do this by contacting a student adviser on the numbers below.
Student Services (Birch and Oak): 0115 9565008 ext 256
Student Services (Ash and Cedar): 0115 9565008 ext 257